Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The best beer in the world.


So, I didn't know what my first blog here should be about. On my professional post, I always put boring stuff about Real Estate. So, I thought I would write about one of the things that I love. Black Butte Porter. This is, by far, the best beer I have tasted.
I used to live in Salem, OR. Black Butte is brewed near Bend, OR. The first time I tasted it was in 1995. Back then, It was only available on tap. It tastes better on tap.
In 2004, I moved to Southern California and couldn't find it available anywhere. Recently, Beverages and more started carrying it. I was very happy the day I saw that label with the Metolius River flowing mystically out of the ground at the base of Black Butte. I bought a six pack, went home, chilled it for a short time (it is better if you don't get it too cold), leaned back on the couch and took a long, deep drink. It was one of the better pulls I have had in my life.
If you haven't had one, you should try to find it and try it. It is not for the Bud Light drinker. This is a real beer. Strong molasses flavor, with a hint of chocolate. It is thick, filling, and dark. A couple of these puppies after dinner on a warm summer night will make you forget the bad things going on in your life. At least for a few minutes.

No comments: